Quotes

  • Whether the pitcher hits the rock, or the rock hits the pitcher, it's going to be pretty bad for the pitcher. - Sancho Panza, in Don Quixote

Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18, 2009: Catholic Refinery in Full Operation

Today is Day 1 of Post-May 17, 2009. Here are my thoughts in response to Fr. Z's blog.
(Fr.Z's specific post: http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/05/my-take-on-sunday-at-notre-dame/)

My response:
I am still reading and consider all of this post, but here put in my own considered response to May 17, 2009. I choose to remember first the students who chose not to participate in the common Commencement, and became leaders of an alternative, most truly Catholic ceremony. These young, unwitting,leaders inspired others, INCLUDING Bishop D’Arcy, to participate in a truly Catholic ceremony. THESE young people are the rocks that are forming a stronger, if smaller, foundation for Our Lord’s Church. THIS is an answer: a positive and visible presentation of what true Catholicism is. Gold has been proven by fire.

No comments: