Quotes

  • Whether the pitcher hits the rock, or the rock hits the pitcher, it's going to be pretty bad for the pitcher. - Sancho Panza, in Don Quixote

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is on. Not only did I watch this when I was a child, I watched the first broadcast of it when I was a kid. Yes, I'm that old. I also love "A Charlie Brown Christmas,"The Little Drummer Boy" and to a somewhat lesser extent the original "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." These are all rebroadcast every year, along with some very inferior shows that seem cheap commercial ripoffs of the season.

One show that I loved and have looked for hasn't been on the annual repeat list. Amazingly, it was only broadcast 4 times, once a year for 4 years starting in 1970. That means I haven't seen "The Night the Animals Talked" in over 34 years - yet I remember it as strongly as any of the others I have enjoyed over the weekend. (For more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_the_Animals_Talked.)

The article does say there are bootlegged copies available for sale - but I refuse to purchase such things on moral grounds. It seems as if the only chance I'll have to see it again would be if someone today does a remake. Anyone interested? I'll buy the first copy!

No comments: